PVC (polyvinyl chloride) is a synthetic plastic polymer, which is created chemically. In the last twenty years PVC profiles took the significant place at the world market in the construction industry.
The advantages of window profiles made of PVC are:
- High energy efficiency rate, so they can reduce energy costs. They have better insulation values than aluminum or wooden windows
- Lower price then wooden windows (20-30%) and aluminum windows (up to 60%)
- Durable and long-lasting, with proper maintenance they can last more than 50 years
- Minimal maintenance, cleaning with dishwashing liquid
- They are 100% recyclable, so they are resource-saving
Disadvantages of window made of PVC are:
- Aesthetics, aluminum or wooden windows has more attractive look then PVC windows and allow varnishing and painting in any color.
- They are not capable of holding larger glass panes
- Condensation occurrence